Press Release: Complete Cleaning is No Accident
Complete Cleaning is No Accident: Carpet Cleaning Tips for Pet Owners to Prevent Repeat Offenses
Author Provides Tips Based on Books Happy Tabby and Happy Hound
SANDPOINT, Idaho — “Accidents” are a fact of life for pet owners, and how well the soiled area is cleaned affects whether or not the animal uses that spot for his personal toilet again. The author of two books on adopted pet care, Susan Daffron of Logical Expressions, Inc. offers a few cleanup tips based on her books “Happy Hound: Develop a Great Relationship with Your Adopted Dog or Puppy” (ISBN: 978-0-9749245-2-6; LCCN-2006909898) and “Happy Tabby: Develop a Great Relationship with Your Adopted Cat or Kitten” (ISBN: 978-0-9749245-3-3; LCCN-2007906436).
1. Get up close and personal with the carpet. Pets have a vastly more sensitive sense of smell than humans. Even if a spot seems clean, a pet still knows that’s where he left his “scent.” If the smell is noticeable, the pet certainly can detect it and will return to the same spot. Use your nose and eyes to find every problem area.
2. Seek out old stains. A black light bulb can reveal old urine stains. Turn out all the lights in the room and use the black light to identify long-standing problem areas.
3. Remove odors completely. To clean the areas so the odors are really gone. Use an enzymatic cleaner and follow the instructions on the bottle carefully. These cleaners actually neutralize the odor, as opposed to just covering them up.
4. Clean up new accidents as soon as they happen. If an accident has just occurred, soak up as much of the urine/liquid as possible with a folded towel or a stack of paper towels. Stand or press on this pad until the area is barely damp. Then use the enzymatic cleaner on the spot. Rinse the area with cool water and blot with a towel.
5. Avoid using cleaning chemicals that don’t eliminate odor. Common cleaning agents such as ammonia or vinegar don’t eliminate odor completely. Using other strong chemicals may also decrease the effectiveness of the enzymatic cleaner. Avoid using steam cleaners to remove urine because the heat can permanently set the stain.
Once the house is thoroughly cleaned, begin retraining your pet. Without the smells to distract him, it will be easier for him to do the right thing. And that’s good news for your carpet!
For information on other products, visit: https://www.logicalexpressions.com/
ABOUT LOGICAL EXPRESSIONS, INC.
Logical Expressions, Inc. is a software and publishing company based Sandpoint, Idaho. The company offers affordable books, software, tools, and services that help businesses with print and online publishing projects.
Press Release Online