Share your knowledge and gain credibility with a new option for becoming a published author from Logical Expressions, Inc.
Over the years, we’ve done a lot of surveys and talked to a lot of business experts who want to use a book to establish credibility. In talking to these aspiring book authors, we’ve learned that although many business-oriented writers want to self-publish a book, it’s hard.
Here are some responses from a survey we did, for example:
- “I’ve always wanted to write a book.”
- “I can’t figure out what to write about.”
- “Publishing a book myself is so complicated; I don’t know where to start.”
- “I started on a book, but I hit a roadblock and I gave up.”
- “I need structure and motivation.”
- “I want a recipe from start to finish.”
That’s just tiny fraction of the problems we hear about.
Although we have written and published many books, and we’ve written countless articles and even a book about the process, we understand that publishing isn’t easy and it’s definitely not for everyone.
If you’re like a lot of folks, you find publishing too complicated and cumbersometo deal with, particularly if you’re busy with your own business.
Becoming a 57 Secrets author is another way to help you get what you want:
a business book that establishes your credibility.
We act as your publisher and handle all the layout and production of your book. You get royalties on the books you sell, which are part of the 57 Secrets series published by Logical Expressions, Inc. (Note that we are acting as a traditional publisher; NOT a vanity press.)
If you’re a speaker or a marketer with an established community, this idea may be the answer to your book publishing prayers.
Of course, like anything else, being a 57 Secrets author has pros and cons. Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and disadvantages of being one of our authors.
The advantages for you as an author:
1. You can get a book into the world that is published by a publishing company that already has won multiple awards for our books.
2. You don’t have to lay out the books or deal with any of the printing or production issues. Or figure out how to get it into eformats like Kindle and EPUB.
3. You don’t have to worry about hiring freelancers or pay any up-front costs.
4. You don’t have to buy ISBNs or even know what they are.
5. You don’t have to deal with vendors. We get your books into online bookstores and manage the distribution of royalties. (You receive a royalty on sales; the more books you sell, the more money you make.)
Of course, every option has disadvantages too. Here are the disadvantages for authors:
1. You don’t get an advance.
2. You won’t make as much money on your books as you would if you truly self-published (as described in our book Publishize).
3. You have to write a book that conforms to our series guidelines. The outline will be extremely structured, so the book should be easy to write. The book will be factual and “how-to” oriented for maximum value to the reader.
4. You won’t get marketing assistance from us (other than advice). This program is for consultants, speakers, and other business owners who already have marketing systems in place and a ready audience of buyers, but need a book to establish their credibility.
5. You aren’t guaranteed acceptance. If we do opt to publish your book, you will have to sign a contract.
6. Although you still own the copyright, Logical Expressions owns the reproduction and distribution rights, including online rights (ebooks).
7. You have to live in the US. (We can only work with authors located in the United States.)
A Few More Facts
Before you contact us, please note that the 57 Secrets series books are business-oriented books, which means your book:
1. May not include memoir of ANY kind.
2. May not include material with any religious overtones of ANY kind.
3. Must follow our series format. You create an outline according to our guidelines.
4. Must be absolutely factually accurate.
The books are about 120 pages long and contain helpful secrets related to business topics. They are filled with practical advice, but written in an easy-to-read style. For more information, read the information about the books on this site or go to Amazon.com and buy a print or e-version to check it out.
If being a 57 Secrets author sounds like something you’re interested in doing, please use this link and fill out the form on the Logical Expressions web site.