Logical Expressions and our products have been mentioned by national outlets like Redbook magazine, USA Today, the BBC, in addition to syndicated talk radio shows, local publications, and countless blogs.
Here is a list of clips, interviews, and media mentions about Logical Expressions, Inc. (that we know about) and articles written by Susan Daffron for various local news publications.
Note that we can only provide full text of the articles where we either own the copyright or have permission to reprint them.
- June 2011 – Susan Daffron was quoted in a Reuters article about Kindle spam, which was picked up by other outlets like the Los Angeles Times, Yahoo News, International Business Times, and UK Register. A Forbes blogger used the quote in a separate article as well.
- October 2010 – Petroglyphs calls Susan Daffron’s Funds to the Rescue “a must have book for every animal rescue group! … It is written in an easy-to-read style and gives you invaluable information. Many books talk about fundraising, this book is actually a practical guide on how to do it. After reading Daffron’s excellent book, you’ll never struggle to think of fundraising ideas again.”
- September 2010 – Joel Friedlander reviews Publishize – Takeaway: Susan Daffron’s Publishize! is a great introduction to self-publishing, primarily for small business owners who want to use print-on-demand distribution to sell online.
- July 2010 – Susan Daffron quoted in Purina’s Rally to the Rescue magazine about her Take Me Home radio show/podcast.
- July 2010 – Fox 48 includes Susan Daffron’s Funds to the Rescue in its Books to Bookmark round up of summer reading.
- October 2009 – Guest on Scorpion Equinox show.
- April 2009 – Susan Daffron quoted in a CIO article: How to Write Better Tweets.
- December 2008 – Funds for Writers Newsletter – Susan Daffron’s book Publishize reviewed by C. Hope Clark who calls it a “remarkable book I intend to eat up over and over. Here’s an author who knows how to use self-publishing. This book focuses on the nonfiction writer with a ready-market and
the experts who need books to enhance their business….Cleanly written, Publishize is a must-have for the
nonfiction writer with a service to sell.”
- November 2008 – Associated Press – Susan Daffron quoted in Thanksgiving Story “When Thanksgiving Dinner Takes a Wrong Turn.”
- November 2008 – Beyond the Book Interview with Chris Kenneally BTB #73: Advice for Accidental Authors – Susan Daffron shares “provocative and insightful advice on what it takes to make a publisher out of an author during at break at the annual PubWest Conference.
- August 2008 – Susan Daffron interview on Doggie Chronicles Radio show. Susan Daffron joins hosts Lisa Gorman and Scott Sheppard to talk about why some pet rescue groups struggle while others successfully save more pets every year.
- August 2008 – Susan Daffron featured in August 2008 issue of Redbook Magazine (page 138) in an article titled Trust Your Gut. Change Your Life. (This blog entry has more info and “outtakes” from the photo shoot.)
- July 2008 – Susan Daffron interviewed by Jim Kukral for podcast called Need Help Writing a Book?
- July 2008 – Susan Daffron quoted in Dove MSN Real Beauty Campaign article called “Give Thanks to Those Who Support Your Dreams” by Maria Pascucci (note this site uses Flash extensively)
- July 2008 – Susan Daffron guest on National Association of Women Writers member teleseminar: “How One Woman Published 8 Books in 18 Months.”
- June 2008 – Susan Daffron invited to be a founding partner of the Association of Web Entrepreneurs.
- June 2008 – Susan Daffron interviewed on CKLW AM800 radio about Vegan Success.
- May 2008 – Susan Daffron selected to host Take Me Home Radio show for Pet Life Radio.
- February 2008 – Susan Daffron quoted as a dog expert on MSN’s Dog Central site:Dogs Do the Darnedest Things: Here are some explanations why
- February 2008 – National Association of Pet Rescue Professionals launched.
- January 2008 – Susan Daffron interviewed by Nan Russell for her Work Matters Internet radio show on WebTalkRadio.net
- January 2008 – Susan Daffron featured on WECAI’s First Fridayz teleseminar
- January 2008 – Susan Daffron’s Happy Hound web site featured in case study by Marcia Yudkin
- October 2007 – Vegetarian Journal Issue Four 2007 – Book Review – “ Vegan Success is written in a casual, friendly manner as if your neighbor dropped in to share some cooking tips.”
- October 2007 – Susan Daffron quoted in New York Newsday article on dealing with “geek speak.”
- July 2007 – Susan Daffron quoted in News Factor Network article on e-shopping.
- May 2007 – Susan Daffron interviewed on Steve Dale’s Pet Radio show (re: Happy Hound and “designer dogs.”)
- March 2007 – Article about Happy Hound in the Times of Northwest Indiana newspaper.
- 2006-2007 – Spokesman Review : weekly computer columns by Susan Daffron, generally appeared on Thursdays (column began running Feb 11, 2001 in a different newspaper and moved to the SR in 2006). The computer column is part of Logical Tips and appears in the archive.
- 2003-2007 – The River Journal: Pet Tails columns by Susan Daffron (twice a month). You can read 79 earlier articles on this site OR go to the complete archive at www.pet-tails.com.
- March 3, 2007: “A Happy Hound – Having problems with your new dog or puppy?”
by Jean Starr, The Times of Northwest Indiana
” Any lasting relationship requires knowledge of the other being and plenty of introspection. The same is true with making the right pet match. In her book, “Happy Hound,” author Susan Daffron maps out the process of developing a great relationship with your adopted dog or puppy.” Read more…
- January/February 2006: VegNews –
“Efficiency is the key word linking recipes in Vegan Success, Susan C. Daffron and James H. Byrd’s cookbook…
- August 15, 2006 – Bonner County Daily Bee. Company’s software helps
everyone create the “write” stuff. Sandpoint’s Logical Expressions earns status of Microsoft Certified Partner (article about IdeaWeaver writing and creativity software).
- February 2006 – BBC World –
Features Computor Companion site on BBC World’s Webscape as one of the best sites on the Web by Kate Russell
- November 4, 2004 – Bonner County Daily Bee. “City’s actions over center are appalling” Letter to the editor by Susan Daffron (which resulted in a flame email from the Mayor who didn’t like my take on the city’s dealings with the Bonner Business Center tenants). The city ultimately backed down on throwing out tenants, thanks to quite a bit of bad PR (not to mention karma).
- October 15, 2004 – USA Today Online Web Guide – Names Logical Tips a Hot Site. (The Spokesman Review ran a blub on it October 20, 2004)
- 2001 – 2002 – Computing OnRamp Radio Show – a radio show designed to help people get more out of their computers. The show aired on KSPT in Sandpoint, Idaho and KBFI in Bonner’s Ferry, Idaho. This page has a list of the show topics we covered.
- August 26, 2001 – Home is where the heart of my business is. (originally published in The Spokesman-Review Street Level column)
- August 16, 2001 – Spokane Journal of Business: Frustration led company to develop software. Logical Expressions, Inc. of Sandpoint will launch sales of product in August. (Article about the LEI Publication Manager.)
- July 13, 2001 – Bonner County Daily Bee: Magazine no longer distributed locally.
- June 17, 2001 – North Idaho is going to the wrong kind of dogs
(originally published in The Spokesman-Review Street Level column)
- May 15, 2001 – Bonner County Daily Bee: Magazine Cover Art Auctioned for Scholarship.
- March 11, 2001 – My life, computers — full system integration
(originally published in The Spokesman-Review Street Level column)
- December 10, 2000 – Cutting-edge kitty’s hangout a PC play land (originally published in The Spokesman-Review Street Level column)
- December 1, 2000 – The Spokesman-Review Small Business Close-up: Tips in Type Home-based Idaho publisher offers no-nonsense pointers to the computer crowd. (Reprinted with permission of The Spokesman-Review)
- November 19, 2000 – Middle of nowhere, hang a left and there we are (originally published in The Spokesman-Review Street Level column)
- October 1, 2000 – Bonner County Daily Bee: Fire Season a threat for computers also
- August 19, 2000 – No-shows, the undependable often suffer business failures (originally published in The Spokesman-Review Your Turn column)
- September 8, 2000 – Bonner County Daily Bee: Computor Companion satellite office opens in Bonner Business Center
- November 19, 1999 – Bonner County Daily Bee: Local magazine increases distribution locations
- April 1998 – June 2000 – Bonner County Daily Bee: weekly Pet Tails columns: 79 total (Check out the list on this site OR go to the new niftier archive at www.pet-tails.com
By the way…these are the clips we know about. If you’ve seen LEI in the news, please tell us!