Self-Publishers Learn Secrets Of Selling Lots Of Books In a Down Economy At Upcoming Virtual Conference
Online Conference to Be Held May 13, 14, 15, 2009
SANDPOINT, Idaho The book-publishing industry is changing and aspiring authors are looking for answers. The Self-Publishers Online Conference (SPOC) is designed to connect entrepreneurial authors with publishing resources, and encourages people to "Live Long and Publish!" This three-day virtual event will feature expert speakers and an online exhibit hall for book industry vendors on May 13, 14, and 15, 2009.
Fifteen publishing experts will be on hand to offer tips and advice for both aspiring and veteran self-publishers. Speakers include:
- Sandra Beckwith, publicity expert and author of three publicity how-to books.
- Matthew Bennett, a prolific author who has sold more than 5 million copies of his self-published books.
- Peter Bowerman, author of The Well-Fed Self-Publisher: How to Turn One Book into a Full-Time Living
- Susan Daffron and James Byrd, owners of book packaging company Logical Expressions, Inc. and author of Publishize: How to Quickly and Affordably Self-Publish a Book that Promotes Your Expertise
- Shel Horowitz, author of Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers
- Debi Flora, president of About Books, Inc., a Colorado-based book packager.
- Melanie Jordan, author of What You Know Is Worth More Than You Know - Achieving The Life You Were Meant To Have By Making Money From What YOU Know!
- Brian Jud, book-marketing consultant and author of Beyond the Bookstore and How to Make Real Money Selling Books
- Donna Kozik, book coach and author of two self-published books
- Jill Lublin, author of Get Noticed...Get Referrals: Build Your Client Base and Your Business by Making a Name for Yourself
- Michael Port, author of bestselling books Booked Solid, Beyond Booked Solid, and the Contrarian Effect
- Dan Poynter, self-publishing guru and the author of the bestselling Self-Publishing Manual
- Penny C. Sansevieri, media relations expert and author of Red Hot Internet Publicity
- Jacqueline Church Simonds, book shepherd/publishing consultant and owner of book distributing company Beagle Bay, Inc.
- Patrick Snow, author of best-selling self-published book Create Your Own Destiny
- Carol White, author of award-winning self-published book Live Your Road Trip Dream and book marketing consultant
Logical Expressions President Susan Daffron says, "Because of the turmoil in the traditional book publishing industry more people are turning to self-publishing. But then they are overwhelmed with a lot of confusing terminology and misinformation. We want to help people learn how they can self-publish quality books, so anyone can attend the SPOC presentations live for free."
Attendees can register online at http://www.SelfPublishersOnlineConference.com. A free Basic attendance pass gives participants live call-in access to the teleseminars and a log in for the exhibit hall. Paid Standard and Premium passes offer access to the seminar recordings and a wide range of bonus materials.
About the Self-Publishers Online Conference
The Self-Publishers Online Conference is being put on by Logical Expressions, Inc. (http://www.LogicalExpressions.com) and Write a Book in a Weekend (http://www.WriteWithDonna.com). SPOC gives sponsors an opportunity to showcase products and services to attendees who are seeking information about how to become a self-published author. The event consists of teleseminars with self-publishing experts and a virtual exhibit hall and conference rooms which feature sponsor, exhibitor, and speaker information. More information is available at http://www.SelfPublishersOnlineConference.com
About Logical Expressions, Inc.
Logical Expressions, Inc. is a software and publishing company based Sandpoint, Idaho. The company offers affordable books, software, tools, and services that help businesses with print and online publishing projects.
In addition to publishing its own series of books, Logical Expressions offers book production services. The company is not a subsidy press, rather Logical Expressions helps guide people through the steps to become a successful independent self-publisher.
About Write a Book in a Weekend/My Big Business Card
The founder of the Write a Book in a Weekend Club on Facebook and owner of My Big Business Card, Donna Kozik has a diverse writing and business background. She earned a master of business administration (MBA) degree with a concentration in Marketing from Gannon University in Erie, Pa. She has an undergraduate degree in Communications and Literature from Grove City College in Grove City, Pa.
Susan Daffron, President
Logical Expressions, Inc.
311 Fox Glen Road
Sandpoint, ID 83864
Press Release Online