Check out what readers
say about our writing...
Computing On Ramp
Computing On Ramp Radio Show
Computing On Ramp was a radio show designed to help people get more out of their computers. The show aired on KSPT in Sandpoint, Idaho and KBFI in Bonner's Ferry, Idaho.
Show topics included:
- September 2002 - "Building a Profitable Web Site " - As you surf the Internet, it seems that most e-commerce sites are product-oriented, but service businesses can also take advantage of the Web to expand their customer base. This is particularly true for companies that offer consulting or other services that work well in an electronic medium.
Guest: Dan Eskelson, Clearwater Landscapes, Priest River, Idaho.
- August 2002 - "Pets and the 'Net." Using pets as an example of how you can get a lot of information online. We explain how you can find a pet on-line. Where you can get pet care information, veterinary information, find discussion groups, and learn about stuff to do with your pet. As pet owners, we've done all these things and we'll share our experiences.
- June 2002 - "Using your computer to create company documents like brochures or newsletters." What do you need to know? How do you get started? What's involved? Should you outsource? A discussion of how to produce company documents that look professional.
- May 2002 - "Using your computer to help you find a job." I just got laid off, now what do I do? What skills are employers looking for? What services are available locally to help me? Where can I get information on interviewing and resume writing skills? A discussion of how to find and land your next job. Guest: Dennis Scollon of Idaho Job Service, Sandpoint, Idaho.
- April 2002 - "Web hosting: What does it mean? What does it include? And what does it NOT include? How do I find the right hosting company for me?" - A discussion of what to look for when buying hosting services for your Web site. Guest: Laura Bry of Creative Support Services, Sandpoint, Idaho.
- February 2002 - "Digital Cameras: What are the advantages, disadvantages, how do I find the right camera for me?" - A discussion of how digital photography works and what to look for when buying a digital camera. Guest: Adam Welch of Image Maker, Sandpoint, Idaho.
- January 2002 - "Computer education: Now that I have this computer; how do I learn to use it?" - A discussion of where to find computer education via traditional means, online, and computer-based training. Guest: Melody Martz, an instructor for Dataday Educational Services, Sandpoint, Idaho.
- December 2001 - "What is broadband, and why should you care?" A discussion of high-speed Internet options in rural areas. Guest: Tom Walton of Pend Oreille Valley Networks, Newport, Washington.
Many people told us they heard the show and enjoyed it. For us, getting to know the folks at the radio station and interviewing guest every month was a lot of fun.
Read Our Articles
Check out our latest articles.
Check Us Out in REDBOOK!
Read the article about us in Redbook Magazine (photos too!)
Logical Expressions is a proud member of the BBB Online Reliability Program
Live Long & Publish!